Machine for automated drying and feeding of magnesium pigs and/or sprues in a magnesiummelting furnace.
Magnesium heat-up and loading machines are used
- in magnesium pre-melting furnaces,
- in salt-free in-house recycling furnaces,
- in magnesium hot or cold chamber furnaces if liquid metal loading is not intended.
Pig heat-up devices are available in sizes for a throughput of 150kg/h to 1,500kg/h (Fig. 1). Either electricity or the gas emissions of a gas-powered melting furnace using a heat exchanger can be used as a heating system.
The pig heat-up machine makes it possible to
- safely dry magnesium pigs with hot air and heat them up to a core temperature of at least 150°C,
- safely dry magnesium pigs using infrared drying and heat them up to a core temperature of at least 150°C
- heat up to core temperatures of up to 300°C so that metallurgically advantageous, quicker melting occurs,
- to load the melting automatically depending on the melt removal (Fig. 2).
Magnesium alloying plant
Magnesium hot chamber furnace
Pig casting conveyor